Warm welcome again after a long time.
Today’s post may be interesting for all those who listen / see their favorite song or video on websites, and wish that they could keep it in their PCs forever. So that it could be seen anytime without an internet connection!
So friends, say good bye to old downloading fashion and just copy and paste!
There is something called “Cache” or “Internet Temporary Files”, which stores the data of the websites which we visit.
For example if you visit youtube.com to see your favorite video, our computer stores some of the information about this site in the “cache” or “Internet Temporary Files” folder. As the name suggests, once you clean it or once you close your browser, all your stored data of this folder is deleted.
We often hear the term “Cookies”, which is stored in our cache folder by some websites.
Now when you listen any audio or see any video, most of the websites store a file of that audio or video in your browser’s cache. So basically what we are going to do is that we are going to copy that file from our browser’s cache.
For example the sites like
Music India Online,
stores the data in the cache folder.
Before I go on telling the main method, let me make it clear that most of the times this method works perfectly fine but sometimes it is possible that this method doesn’t work. Please also note, that I am not promoting any illegal use of this trick, this is for educational purposes only. And should not be used for illegal activities.
And if you use it for illegal activity, then I shall not be held lible for that.
Now lets get started:
1. Open your favorite site like esnips or youtube etc.
2. Search for your desired video or audio song.
3. Play your video or song completely.
4. Till then, if you use Internet Explorer, then go to:
On the general tab, click on delete files… or delete history… button.
Note that the name of exact option depends on your version of the browser.
For the same cleaning, you can use a most popular utility known as “C Cleaner” or “Crap Cleaner”, which can be found
Your temporary internet files folder should be cleaned before your file gets stop playing.
5. Make sure your internet temporary files folder is clean, you have not closed your browser, and your file is completely stopped playing.
Even when your file completely gets stopped playing, wait for 2 3 seconds to get it completely finished loading.
6. And as a final step, go to:
Tools>Internet Options>Temporary files and History Settings, and click on View Internet Temporary Files Folder.
Now look for the file which has some audio or video extention. Like .mp3, .wma, .flv etc.
If you have cleaned your folder just before your file stopped playing, then you will find your file with the extention at the end.
For example, Esnips.com stores the audio files as “file88.mp3”, and it stores video files as “video.flv” etc.
Whereas youtube stores as “Video?”.
Smashits stores as “ppl…. .mp3”.
Music India Online stores with the extention “.wma” and “.mp3”.
Once you have reached to your file, simply copy and paste it into desired location.
That’s all, you can enjoy your favorite stuff at anytime!
1. If you are unable to locate your file, then you can also use the search function of windows.
2. This trick does not work on raga.com, dishant.com etc. As they store all files in real media or “.rm” format, which does not use the cache folder to store data. For that, you may use downloaders untill I get some trick for that.
3. If you are not able to go in tools>Internet Options or you are not able to do a right click on the same window, then open another window of the same browser and follow the options as described above. Do not close the main window where the file is getting played.
This trick looks bit difficult to be followed, but trust me, once you get use to of it, then it will become a handy trick!
Please leave your questions/feedback in comments section.